We want Gardens of Grace to reach the lives of families affected by miscarriage, stillbirth, and infant and youth loss throughout the Maritimes. As already noted, supporting Gardens of Grace financially is an important aspect of achieving this end, and pursuing our Mission of offering improved support, compassion, loving kindness, and hope to families during their darkest hours. Whether you would like to donate once, or make it a recurring gift, there are a number of ways you can contribute:
1. Donate Directly: The easiest way to contribute to Gardens of Grace is to click on this link:
Giving a straight cash donation to Gardens of Grace is not necessary. There are a number of other simple options for support.
2. Donate through iGive. Gardens of Grace has made it easy to donate while going about your everyday life by partnering with iGive.com. You can shop online; it won't cost you extra, it doesn't cost us, and every time you purchase, you donate to Gardens of Grace. It includes such companies as WalMart, Best Buy, Expedia, Mattel, Staples. Lowes and over 1,700 other popular online stores. Simply sign up, install the app, and designate Gardens of Grace as your recipient. The app automatically activates on your desktop, iPhone, iPad or Android, to let you know when you are in an iGive store. Sign up for free today through the iGive logo and start shopping to raise vital funds for Gardens of Grace.
3. Give in Memory. No matter how brief or extended a life, giving in memory can be a comfort to those who know that their donations are going to help others through a difficult time. You may consider asking donations be made to Gardens of Grace in lieu of flowers. If this is an option you choose to pursue, Gardens of Grace recognizes the importance, and want you to know we extend our profound gratitude.
4. Fundraise for Gardens of Grace. With so many opportunities and ideas for fundraisers, you are sure to find an activity that would suit you to a tee!
5. Give in celebration! To celebrate those happy occasions in your life...birthdays, showers, weddings, christenings, engagements, graduation, retirement...any festive occasion where a gift might be given, is a great opportunity to donate! In lieu of a present, just ask friends and family to donate to Gardens of Grace, and you will be helping us move forward in our efforts to support families of loss after the death of a baby.
6. Take part in workplace donation programs, or if no programs exist, get your employer to create a structure to give. Following are a number of corporate giving programs:
A. Matching Gifts: Matching gifts sound like a pretty straightforward idea, and they are! Matching gifts are a great way for individuals to maximize the donation they make to nonprofits. Companies that implement matching gift programs will contribute to a nonprofit that an employee donates to, usually matching their donation at a 1:1 ratio. Some companies, however, will match gifts at up to a 4:1 ratio!
B. Fundraising Matches: They provide nonprofits with a monetary donation after an employee has donated time or effort to the organization.
When an employee participates in a walkathon or other type of fundraising event, their employer may match the money they raise through sponsorships or other donations.
C. Dollars for Doers is one of the most common giving programs that companies offer their employees. Also known as individual volunteer grants, Dollars for Doers programs essentially reward employees who take time out of their busy lives to donate their efforts to a nonprofit.
D. Team Volunteer Grants: Team building is a great way for employees to connect with one another. But did you know that team volunteering can accomplish the same goal and can come with extra donations from volunteers’ employers? Not only do employees feel a sense of accomplishment by volunteering for a worthy cause, but companies also get to demonstrate their philanthropy and dedication to bettering the community. Nonprofits receive time and money, and everybody wins!
E. Volunteer Support Programs are a great way for companies to offer their products and services to the people who need them most. These programs allow nonprofit organizations to benefit from free products and services, while companies also get to feel a sense of philanthropic pride in knowing that they helped further a worthy cause. Examples can include computers, consulting services, food, marketing strategies and other tangible goods or goods in kind.
F. Automatic Payroll Deductions: For employees who wish to effortlessly donate to a worthy cause, automatic payroll deductions are one of the easiest ways to regularly contribute to a nonprofit organization.